Martin CEO 6 Sunburst Acoustic Guitar 6 string Right Handed Gently Used Save
This beautifully crafted Limited Edition is worthy of the artist whose name it bears. This is #114 of only 250 guitars made. This guitar has been repaired by Carlo Greco of Alex Music (google him), who fixed the cracks in the front and back of the guitar. The cracks were due to dryness in air.
Since the original 000-42EC Eric Clapton Signature Edition Guitar was
introduced in 1995, Clapton has explored the sonic subtleties of various
tonewood combinations in the 000 Martin guitars that bear his name, but
the 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition may well boast the most
exciting tonewood combination yet. The top is Carpathian spruce, which
blends the power and clarity of Adirondack spruce, and the warmth and
responsiveness of Italian alpine spruce. The back and sides are
Madagascar rosewood, prized for its uncanny resemblance in both
appearance and rich resonance to the now-endangered Brazilian rosewood.
Scalloped top braces give both tonewoods full tonal expression. The
1-3/4" (at the nut) V neck with diamond volute is carved from genuine
Reminiscent of the Brazilian rosewood 000-42ECB Eric
Clapton Signature Edition Martin produced in 2000, the 000-42M Eric
Clapton Limited Edition features spectacular abalone pearl appointments
throughout. Select abalone pearl inlays in the Style 45 rosette, and
around the top and fingerboard extension, are highlighted by black and
white fine line wood fiber borders. The Madagascar rosewood headplate on
the square, tapered headstock provides the canvas for the rare
Alternative Torch inlay, which originated on one of four Martin 1902
00-45 instruments and has been offered on only a handful of Signature
Editions. In the tradition of classic Martins from the early 1930s and
before, the back of the headstock bears the historic "C. F. Martin"
pressure stamp. The ebony fingerboard showcases Style 45 abalone pearl
snowflake inlays at the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 17th
frets, with Eric Clapton's signature inlaid in mother-of-pearl between
the 19th and 20th frets.
The 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition
is fully bound in grained ivoroid; black and white fine line inlays
accent the headplate and mitered fingerboard binding, while black and
white fine line purfling enhances the back and side binding. A Style 45
multi-colored mosaic inlay strip bisects the back. The headstock is
fitted with Waverly™ nickel open geared tuning machines with white
ivoroid butterbean knobs. Style 45 bone bridge pins topped with abalone
pearl dot inlays on the ebony belly bridge are matched by an abalone
pearl-inlaid bone endpin. Both the nut and compensated saddle are
crafted from genuine bone for exceptional sound.
The polished and beveled acetate/nitrate vintage-style tortoise
pickguard is particularly striking against the guitar's two available
top hues: the deep amber vintage toner offered standard and the optional
1937 Style Sunburst, available for an extra charge. Martin's immaculate
polished gloss finish on the body, neck and headplate enables the rich
colors of the 000-42M guitar's tonewoods and inlays to shine.
Martin 000-42M Eric Clapton Guitar Features:
- Model: 000-42M Eric Clapton
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Carpathian spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45 Golden Era
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42 With Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood /Alternate Torch Pattern - Select Abalone
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid With Black/Maple Fiber Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflake - Select Abalone
With Eric Clapton Signature In Agoya Between 19th & 20th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With 1935 Sunburst
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel With ivoroid butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Light Phosphor Bronze (Mec12 )
- Bridge & End Pins: Camel Bone With Select Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 533e Geib Style
- Interior Label: Signed By Eric Clapton, Numbered In Sequence With Total (250 Combined)
Visited 1 time
Popular Ads Overall
- No ads viewed yet.